Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Better or Worse? Better...or Worse?

Before:
After:

So, the top of the bookshelf isn't quite so gross anymore.  But it still needs work.  Suggestions?

p.s. this is one of the two Haeger birds I found at an antique store (having a 20% off sale for all of October!)  They seem to be identical...and not like a Left and  Right....so I thought about splitting them up...one for me, one for the store...but do you think that's a good idea?  I looked EVERYWHERE on the internet (okay, not everywhere) for them and couldn't find so much as a mention...let alone a picture of another one.  Is there a rule about splitting up pairs of treasures?!

2 comments:

Christy Marie said...

i don't think porcelain bird divorces are really all that much nicer than people ones.

beautiful dog! i want one.

...actually, i just want laz to lick my face.

Libby said...

I think maybe you need more UP rather than so much along the mantel....you know, like stuff hung or hanging...??? Not sure how to explain it. But really, I like it. :) Nice.