Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It might catch on fire...

...but I don't care!

I bought this really old light fixture at a barn sale in Ohio, with every intention to tear out all of the wiring, paint it, and flip it upside down, adding little glass vases (to be filled with flowers or candles) in place of the bulbs to use as a table centerpiece. Well, that hadn't happened yet....and a few weeks ago, I came home to find the husband WIRING it in place in the kitchen, in place of an old pendant lamp I really wasn't that crazy about. So far, no fires....I'm thoroughly impressed with the husband (I seriously didn't think this thing even WORKED!), and now we have way more light from a GORGEOUS fixture in the kitchen! (p.s. don't try this at your home!...and if you do, use plenty of electrical tape on the old wires! and maybe first ask an electrician friend if it's a good idea...I found out later that the husband had *sort of* been precautious).

3 comments:

Kim said...

That. Is. GORGEOUS.

Christy Marie said...

wow. nice work, bil. and sto!

Aubrey Studebaker said...

Oh my that is BEAUTIFUL! Love the big bulbs.