Sunday, January 5, 2014

A surprising amount....

...of snow...and a surprising amount of productive things which can be accomplished, even when sick, when there is a surprising amount of snow trapping you inside!

It snowed. We've been sick.  I have spent an embarrassing number of hours in bed. Asleep.  Awake. Trying to not cough up a lung. Cuddling puppies. Watching James Adams from HBO (very good, btw). Doing some combination of all of those things.  But then I hit that point where I just couldn't spend another minute in bed. Right about the time that church was cancelled, roads became impassable.  So, what did I do?  PRODUCTIVE THINGS!!!! YAY!!!!! I made covers for two dog beds, made a new pantry curtain, and FINALLY hung my mini gallery wall in the bedroom.  Yes, it's an homage to John and my's in-love-ness. Which is why it's in our bedroom and not the front hall. There is one tiny empty corner waiting for a wedding pic from his parents.  Mine are the ones ducking the rice on the far right. Awwwww.....


Anyway, super happy about how it turned out. And so glad to have finally finished it after months of the various photos piling up on the dresser and mantel.  I did end up snatching a few that were intended for Etsy. Oops.  Just can't part with them. 

Now back to the sewing...Happy Snow Day! (I feel like no matter where you are reading this, it's probably snowy, according to weather.com.

No comments: